- Short-Term Internships (up to one month)
Those traineeships are job shadowing placements lasting up to one month ("Statut External"). For trainees under 18, the maximum duration of such a placement is limited to two weeks.
These placements are not paid.
The applicant should send the following duly completed documents to the CMS Secretariat:
- the Registration under the heading External (CERN Guarantor should be a staff member)
- the Notification of Addresses
- the CERN Traineeship Agreement (External, less than one month)
- if the candidate is a minor, parental authorisation must be provided (Letter of parental consent for underage trainees – Model certificate).
- Long-Term Internships (more than one month)
Students who wish to undertake a traineeship at CERN submit their application through the e-recruitment system (Smartrecruiters).
This placement should be paid.
Supervisors who wish to host a trainee will need to contact the Short-term internships Service (HR Department).
The service will send supervisors clear instructions via e-mail and grant them access to the job in the e-recruitment system.
The procedure for selecting a trainee is described in the document How to select a trainee with SmartRecruiters.
The trainee receives a monthly subsistence allowance of 1510 CHF, charged to the group budget.
The complete information could be find on the admin-eguide webpages.